And who are the lucky 15 embarking on this marathon journey? The following ambassadors met for the first time at Decathlon Belfast, Holywood Exchange on Monday:
- Cathy Hutton from Belfast
- Frances Murray from Glengormley
- Robert Horvath from Belfast
- Donal Smith from Downpatrick
- John Mulholland from Belfast
- Jayne Hunter from Ballyrobert
- Sinead Oakes from Belfast
- Fergus Jamison from Belfast
- Paul Murphy from Ballymena
- Martin Brownlee from Belfast
- Danielle Gamble from Belfast
- Laura Kerr from Warrenpoint
- Zarah Thompson from Ballymena
- Christopher McBride from Belfast
- Morgan Owens from Fintona
All have chosen to run for the event’s Official Charity Partner, Cancer Focus Northern Ireland and what better official “ice breaker” challenge than to take part in the charity’s forthcoming New Years’ Day “Dare to Dip” event at Crawfordsburn beach! Full details here: https://cancerfocusni.org/event/dip/. This will be one of the first of many mental, physical and endurance tests they will face as they meet and train for their first marathon!
The Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon hopes that you will follow the Experiment 26.2 Group over the coming weeks and help motivate and cheer them on. You can follow their progress online at www.belfastcitymarathon.com/news and on the event social media sites Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Maybe it will motivate YOU to take on your first running challenge and join them on Sunday 3rd May for either the Marathon Run & Wheelchair Race, Marathon Team Relay, 8 Mile Walk or Fun Run.
SIGN UP for the 39th Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon events now at www.belfastcitymarathon.com. Entries can be made via mobile or desktop with a middle rate available until Friday 28th February 2020. A final entry deadline will be on 10th April 2020. #MakeItCount ChooseBelfast
The Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon is sponsored by Athletics Northern Ireland, Daily Mirror, Belfast City Council, Better, Cool FM (Downtown Radio and Downtown Country), Translink, Spar, Belfast Live, Framar Health, Tayto, Four Star Pizza and Decathlon. This year’s official charity is Cancer Focus Northern Ireland.