Top Tip(s) Tuesday!!
Here are our 8 EXTREMELY useful tips for running beginners…
- Forget the past- Do not be unrealistic and expect an immediate return to your previous running level. Start slowly beginning with a short and easy route.
- Follow (and stick!) to a training plan- the most well known being Couch to 5K.
- Warm up & Cool Down Effectively… don’t let this slide! Have you got your foam roller? 😉
- Focus on Consistency- It’s not about how many miles you can clock in 1 run but rather how many runs you can clock in 9 weeks.
- Strength and Condition- doing different types of sport reduces the stress running places on your joints and spine, while helping to further increase your fitness and stamina.
A well-conditioned body helps prevent overuse and compensation injuries.
- Find a companion-Having friendly conversations during your runs will ensure you’re not tempted to go too quickly while you follow the ‘Talk Test’.
- Set a Goal- Enter a race or sign up to an event. You will be more successful if there is an end point to aim for. Why not look at our website for upcoming fixtures? WE HAVE SO MUCH TO OFFER!
- Keep the faith… Don’t give up! Remember why you started in the first place.
For further details about getting back into running read the full article HERE.