Top Tip Tuesday….
And we are throwing back to our article last week where we learnt that the calf is the most common injury for runners sitting at 25% of all associated injuries!
Here’s a quick revision on how you can help prevent a calf injury in your running training:
- STRETCH, stretch, stretch and don’t forget at Cool down too. Hold for 20-30 secs X 3reps
- STRENGTHEN with ‘heel raises- 15 X 3 reps ‘ and ‘farmers walks- 1 Min X 3’.
- FOAM ROLL begin with a Smooth surfaced roller and over time progress to a Firmer ridged firmer. 2 minutes each muscle group 3-5 X week.
- SPORTS MASSAGE- nothing beats a professional getting stuck into those tender and tight spots to loosen you up, break up scar tissue and keep you in fine form!
- STRENGTH & CONDITIONING- Find a class near you … there are plenty of fab ones out there.